Paper Box

A Generic RP: Nightmare Descends

« Older   Newer »
ashin
CAT_IMG Posted on 14/9/2015, 11:26

Because Lulu ALWAYS asks what is "generic", I'm going to paste the definition here.

SPOILER (click to view)
adjective, Also, generical
of, applicable to, or referring to all the members of a genus, class, group, or kind; general.
of, relating to, or noting a genus, especially in biology.
(of a word) applicable or referring to both men and women:
a generic pronoun.
not protected by trademark registration:
“Cola” and “shuttle” are generic terms.

Sauce: Dictionary.com

I have no idea what to RP.

SO TIME FOR A GENERIC RP:

Nightmare Descends
This is all thanks to watching too much of Harshlycritical's horror playthroughs

SETTING
Some stupid explorers traveled to a forbidden region called Bermuda Pants to find a fabled Nightmare Artifact. Nobody knew what it looked like and what it did, except for its cheesy ass name. However, the explorers eventually found the artifact, only to end up with something expected: They didn't even get to see what the artifact looked like, darkness poured out from the place that held the artifact and suddenly, the world was trapped in an eternal nightmarish state that looked something straight out of Silent Hill. Many people disappeared, communications went down, and strange happenings occurred all over the world. Many paths are blocked because of randomly tumbling buildings, structures, even trees, and therefore debris (which is pronounced without the "s", yes grammar lessons).

RULES
None, because it's a nightmare world you can spawn anything and whatever you want. Oh wait, there are two.
1. Stay more on the supernatural side and stay away from fantasy.
2. Present tense!

FAQ
1. What kind of RP is this?
I don't know whether this should be a first person story, a dialogue-based story (e.g. "Ashin: What the hell is happening") or the traditional "control a character" story. Obviously I didn't think through before posting! How??
UPDATE This is the format!

Ashin opens the window and looks out.

Ashin: Why am I seeing Siren flying in the sky?

2. Is this horror or comedy?
Well, I guess we could alternate between them freely since we're pretty schizo

3. How do we distinguish between thought speech and actual speech?
Add [] to the whole line!
E.g. [Name: Speech]
[Ashin: What the hell]

Where the RP begins
You are on Island Minimus, an island that is next to a big city called City Maximus. It has been a few days since the beginning of the tragedy. What will you do?

GLHF

Edited by ashin - 14/9/2015, 21:00

ashin
CAT_IMG Posted on 14/9/2015, 12:56

QUICK INTRODUCTION
...WHICH IS NOT QUICK AT ALL

Island Minimus is a strange, isolated place which relies on tourists to make a living. However, there are also residents, who are also often the retailers/service providers on the island.

Ashin works at the border, through which tourists come and go. He has witnessed strange things like illegal immigrants riding sampans and getting onto the island. However, he has closed both eyes because he thinks it's funny.

Ashin lives alone in a rundown apartment that sits alone at some corner of the island, because he finds greeting people too troublesome and he likes the water view outside of his house. All he needs to do is cycle down a path and he gets to retail shops.

However, he has a strange neighbor, who is also aloof like himself, called Nagare. Nagare appears to be a scientist hiding from the world. Nagare is the only person who comes over to his house and openly harasses him.

HOWEVER

After the nightmare descended, Nagare mysteriously disappeared.

So, Ashin wonders what happened to him.

THEREFORE

Ashin is a resident on Island Minimus.

----------

Ashin opens the door of his house to the outside. Haze drifts about him.

[Ashin: Fine. I can't stand not knowing what's happening, and I'd run out of food eventually. But I swear...I need to find a way to deal with those creepy things.]

Ashin walks down the path leading to the main area, whatever that means and wherever that is.

lucuslucuses
CAT_IMG Posted on 14/9/2015, 13:35

#1: Day 3

Dear Diary,
Its been 3 days since this crazy catastrophe began. Its always hazy, and the sky is discoloured. Either the sky is pitch black, or it looks like the break of dawn. Some buildings collapse without warning, and people have gone missing. I wonder how long it will be before the Nightmare takes me.

Right now, I've locked myself in the basement with supplies. I'm rationing, and I'm the only one here so it should last me another 12 days or so. I keep a record of the number of days that goes by, but it's only a matter of time before my watch fails me.

There's so many thoughts rushing through my head, so much feelings. I haven't been out of the basement since the Nightmare began; I don't know if there is still any forms of communication left, or any sources of information left.

I've put all the questions I have about the Nightmare here, I know it will have its use one day:
1) Some buildings collapse, but not all do. Why is this so?
2) They collapse without warning, occupants only have about a minute or two to evacuate when walls begins cracking. Why are there no other signs?
3) Many people have disappeared. Are they lost in the rubble? Have they evacuated? Or do they mysteriously vanish?
4) What's up with the sky?

End of diary entry.

Lulu pockets his diary and slumps into a wall. He takes a quick swig from his bottle and caps it. He looks up at the now cracked ceiling of his basement and considers his next move.
[Lulu: Will it be safer to stay here, or to leave? I might run into the risk of desperate groups of people who would want to rob me of my supplies...but it's getting depressing down here, I'm not getting anywhere at all...]
[Wait. Crack..?]

Lulu jerks his head up, and true enough, his countdown had began. For how long he wasn't sure. He realises that the basement will give in should the upper floors of his home collapse too. He makes a mad dash across to room, taking whatever he can with him, stuffing them into his pockets and into his bag. He glances at walls and quickly notices that his time was running out. He makes the decision to abandon whatever supplies he failed to take with him, and bolts out of the basement, and out of the door.

The outside world was a lot more quiet than he had expected, he noted. At least it seems to be this way in this part of Island Minimus. However, he seems to spot someone familiar in the distance. He wants to call out to her/him, but hesitates, and decides to hide for now.

[Lulu: I can catch up to her/him later, I really should lay low for now]

He turns his back on her and makes a quick exit, not sure where he's headed to.

P.s. Less narration and more dialogue in the next i promise! It's just an introduction! Future chapters will be less serious too ^^

Edited by lucuslucuses - 17/9/2015, 03:54

Akarui Siren
CAT_IMG Posted on 14/9/2015, 14:18

[...Why is it so dark? I can hardly breathe in here... But I'm so tired, I want to sleep some more...]

Creak...

[...What's that? I can hear the sound of crickets... Is it still night time? I can smell fresh air...]

Thud

[Who... Who tries to wake me?]

Siren opened her eyes slowly and she looked up. There was an opening above her and she quietly shifted it more before sitting up straight. She looked around her but could only see the earth, then she looked up and realized she was trapped inside a hole that was dug quite deep. She pulled herself up and stepped onto the wooden coffin that she has been sleeping in.

[Siren: Where am I? What am I doing in here? What happened to me?]

She looked up into the sky.

[Siren: I need to get out of here first, but how?]

ashin
CAT_IMG Posted on 14/9/2015, 18:31

Finally, Ashin reaches the end of the path and glances about him. He finds it unsettling to see a deserted island, given its reputation as a tourist attraction. He sees a shop nearby and walks inside. It surprises him that it is not locked, and it does not surprise him that no one is tending to it.

[Ashin: What happened to the others? And I don't think anyone's going to mind it if I help myself to something huh....]

He helps himself to a six-carton-pack of Milo, puts it into a plastic bag, and leaves the shop with no consequences. Then he wanders around.

(P.S. I don't know where Siren and Lucus are! Was thinking of writing that he went to the cemetery, but I'm...not even sure if that's where Siren is?? Also, if you're receiving email notifications...you'd probably see the original erh troll post. Hahaha!)

ashin
CAT_IMG Posted on 16/9/2015, 14:48

[Judge: The court finds the defendant, Mr. Otatop... G U I L T Y. The accused will surrender to the court immediately, to be held pending trial at a higher court within a month from today's date. That is all. The court is adjourned.]

Apollo: No... NOOOOOOOOOOOO!]

Apollo: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Apollo's eyes fly open. Panting, he looks around him, and then realizes that he was dreaming. Wiping his forehead, he heaves a sigh of relief.

[Apollo: Oh, it's just a dream... Hey, that's right! What happened to my client?! We're still in the middle of a trial! I passed out...wait, where...am I...?]

Looking around, he realizes that he is in the middle of nowhere and he is fairly certain this is nowhere he was before he passed out. Standing up quickly, he dusts himself. He looks around warily.

[Apollo: What...where is this?! How did I end up here?! This looks like...a cemetery... Am I still dreaming??]

He pats his face. Slowly accepting that he isn't dreaming, he breathes in deeply.

[Apollo: Okay, Justice, calm down. Where's everyone?]
Apollo: Trucy! Mr. Wright! Where are you guys?!

Edited by ashin - 16/9/2015, 23:41

Akarui Siren
CAT_IMG Posted on 16/9/2015, 17:43

[Siren: Someone's out there... Perhaps I could get some help?]

Siren: ...Help!

Siren lifts up her arms and started jumping as she waves her hands about. The thud on the coffin lid could be heard when she lands.

Siren: Somebody help me!

lucuslucuses
CAT_IMG Posted on 16/9/2015, 19:07

Lulu: Ahhhh! *pants*
*finally stops running and calms down*
Lulu: Just...give me a break!! Why is this happening to me!!
*tosses diary on the ground and runs away*
Lulu: Waaaaaaa
*walks back and picks up diary*
Lulu: *ahem* Okay me, calm down! I'm just going to have a cola...AHH! In my haste i forgot cola!
Lulu: Maybe ill head down to the nearby store, maybe shopkeeper Ben will be there =D
*leaves for the shop happily*

P.s. Yes, it's lulu from now on LOL
Anyone spotted a L4d reference? ^^

ashin
CAT_IMG Posted on 16/9/2015, 19:34

Midway through wandering, Ashin furrows his brows.

[Ashin: I forgot to check if there are any useful things I could pick up from the store... There might be something useful.]

Thus, Ashin heads back to the store, a typical place found in horror games and is usually full of really useful supplies.

[]

Apollo: Yipes!!

Whipping around, Apollo looks for the source of the voice. Although he can't see it, he can still hear it. It's clear to him that someone is asking for help.

[Apollo: I-I don't see anyone here... *gulp* Okay, let's do this...]

Walking gingerly towards the voice, he glances about him carefully. The voice sounds louder. Then he notices something like a pit.

[Apollo: Is...is it coming from there?]

Once he reaches the pit, he notices some movements in there. Although he's quite scared, he looks in anyway -- and is surprised to see a person.

Apollo: H-hello? Who's there?

lucuslucuses
CAT_IMG Posted on 16/9/2015, 19:52

Lulu pushes the door open
Lulu: Uncle Ben! Are you here? Hello~
Walks down aisle and looks around
Lulu: Did he disappear too? Like everyone else? Hmm...
*puts some coins on the counter and takes his drink*
Just then, someone walks into the store...

P.s. OH NOES WHO COULD IT BE? LOL JK

Akarui Siren
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/9/2015, 15:21

[Siren: Finally there's someone!]

Siren: H-Hi...! I'm trapped inside here and I don't know how to get out. Could you please help me?

Then she waves her hands about, hoping that the person can at least see her hands in the dark.

ashin
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/9/2015, 15:50

Ashin: ...You weren't here before.

That is the first thing Ashin says as soon as he steps into the store and spots Lulu. He stares quietly at him, as if trying to determine if he's human or something else.

[]

[Apollo: Woah!! There's really someone in there! Sounds like a girl... Looks like they need help. How'd she get in there...?]

Looking inside, he vaguely sees hands moving about in the pit. It looks creepy.

[Apollo: *gulp* This is creepy... I've got a bad feeling about this... What do I do?! But I can't just leave her like that... Ughhh... Alright, let's do this... I hope I don't regret this.]
Apollo: S-Sure!

Lying down against the ground, he reaches inside the pit.

Apollo: My hand's in there! Can you reach it?!

lucuslucuses
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/9/2015, 22:45

[Lulu: this is bad... Hes checking me out so intensely...i must have stumbled into someone strange]
Lulu backs away slightly
Lulu: I'M NOT INTO MEN I'M SRY

P.s Bobo.

Akarui Siren
CAT_IMG Posted on 18/9/2015, 10:16

Siren sees his hands reaching out for her and she gives a small nod.

[Siren: Okay now... One... Two...]

She makes a jump as she reaches out to grab hold of his hand with both her hands. She squeaks as she jumped. Her hands are freezing cold as they hold onto Apollo's hand.

ashin
CAT_IMG Posted on 18/9/2015, 10:26

Vein marks pop out from Ashin's forehead.

Ashin: DO I LOOK LIKE I AM?

Then he stares at Lulu some more, and deadpans.

Ashin: Then again, you look quite pretty.

[]

Getting a shock, Apollo quickly grabs the edge of the pit, in case he falls.

Apollo: W-woahhh!!!
[Apollo: Yipes!!! Why is it so cold?! Oh man... I hope she's not what I think she is...!]
Apollo: A-alright, hang on a sec...!

Although he is trembling with fear, he swallows and bites the bullet as he counts silently to himself; it is too late to hesitate anyway.

Apollo: Raarrgghhh!!!

Decisively, he pulls the trapped girl out! Then he tumbles backwards.

45 replies since 14/9/2015, 11:26   192 views